Thursday, 12 March 2009

Out Of The Mouth Of A Babe


As I was racing around getting ready this morning, my four year old son Joshua said to me "Mamma, my Alex the Lion toy (a character from the movie Madagascar) is broken.  His tail's come off."  I sympathised but that wasn't the reaction he wanted.  So he said "But Mamma, he's broken, so I have to throw him away and get a new one."  I knew how hard it had been to buy the toy so I said "Well Joshie, have you thought of looking after him even if he doesn't have a tail anymore?  Maybe you could love him even though he's broken?"  I could see the cogs spinning in his brain and after a little time of silence he said "OK. I'll do that.  'Cause that's what Jesus does with me.   He loves me even when I'm naughty."  I couldn't have said it better myself!  How I love it when my children teach me about God's gracious promises.   "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus ..."  (Romans 8:1) and "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?  It is God who justifies.  Who is he that condemns?  Christ Jesus, who died - more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us."  (Romans 8:33-34).  

No comments: