Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Blogging the Confession - a proposal


For a while now I have been planning to “blog” my way through the Westminster Confession of Faith. (I know it is a terrible verb). I teach WCF at PTC since it is the doctrinal position of the PCA (read in the light of the Declaratory Statement of 1901). This teaching has given me a far greater appreciation of the Confession than I had in the past. What I plan to do is to occasionally take a chapter or a few sections of a chapter and make some comments about the interesting, important and relevant aspects. I am not trying to do a full commentary. (I might say something about the Declaratory Statement at the end or touch on it as I go along).

Today I have so many things to do that I can’t decide where to start. So I thought I’d do something else instead … and start the series through the WCF. So later this morning the first installment should appear.

No comments: